Employee engagement is a measure of how motivated, committed, and satisfied employees are with their work and their employer.

It is widely accepted that engaged employees are happier, more productive, and are more likely to stay with their company.

In this article, we have explored the 5 pillars of employee engagement; engagement, productivity, profitability, salary, and satisfaction, which have shown some simply staggering statistics.

Read on to find out how much engagement can impact the overall happiness and wellbeing of your staff.


Section 01
47% of higher educated workers stated a limited career path would see them leave to seek better opportunities.
77% of companies will focus on the employee experience to increase retention rates.
86% of employees wants employers to ask them for feedback more regularly than once a year.
70% of employees believe empowerment is critical for employee engagement
91% of survey respondents stated that their business leaders lack communication skills.
A recent survey revealed 33% of people leave their jobs due to boredom.
84% of highly engaged employees were recognised at work, compared to only 25% of disengaged employees.
68% of employees would leave their job if not supported by senior management.
A huge 73% of employees would consider leaving their jobs for the right offer.
A workplace culture survey revealed 77% of employees agree that a strong workplace culture allows them to work better.
Employees with personal values aligning with their employers are 5 times more likely to be engaged.
Globally, 20% of employees were engaged at work, while 36% of US employees were engaged in the workplace.
91% of survey respondents stated that their business leaders lack communication skills.
France currently reigns supreme for the highest employee engagement rate at 55%. with the UK not far behind at 50%
Only 16% of employers are using technology to monitor employee engagement levels.
Statistics show that 50% of employees concur that management that aids career development drives employee engagement.
There was a 41% reduction in absenteeism when workers are highly engaged.
79% of Gen-Z workers have considered leaving their employer, 21% doing so for a better benefits package.
With a 12% engagement rate, the most disengaged employees were office, sales, and construction workers.
Workers' engagement rate decreased by 7% after their first year on the job.


Section 02
73% of UK marketers declared that they were more efficient due to remote working.
45% of employees are emotionally drained from work and the younger the demographic, the more likely this is to occur.
Being more mindful helps to make employees happier and 12% more productive.


Section 03
Companies with the most engaged employees reported 21% higher profits.
More engaged teams will sell 20% more compared to than those with lower engagement.


Section 04
Disengaged employees, in terms of salaries, can cost companies anywhere from between $3,400– $10,000. 
If offered financial wellness benefits, 61% of Gen-Z's would feel less stressed financially.
Current data shows 80% of salaried employees feel their company does prioritise health and safety at work.


Section 05
24% of executives and 15% of managers report being engaged.
70% of respondents declared that their work/workplace defines their sense of purpose.
As a result of at-home fatigue and daily virtual meetings, 38% of remote workers feel exhausted.
Among disengaged workers, 74% were actively looking for new job roles or keeping an eye out for new openings.
In the US, 93% of workers said they were happy with their work; in the UK, that figure currently sits at 73% .
Data shows that 29% of employees are content with career advancement opportunities.
Out of a survey of 600 CEOs, presidents, VPs, only 22% of organisations understand their employee disengagement levels and what exactly is the driving force behind that.
When employees find purpose at work, they are 1.4 times more engaged and are 3 times more likely to stay in that job compared to those who don't.
From a Staffcircle social media poll, 38% of employees feel recognised for their successes and hard work